CFNM Village Discussion Forum

The Forum Where "CFNM" Originated
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:05 am 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

I’ve experienced a problem using this message board that I cannot solve and I need some help from the moderators. When I try to reply to or send a private message, the message goes to my Outbox, but never gets sent. When I go to the Outbox and select the message, the only options available are to delete it mark it as important. There is no way to send it. However, if I address the message to myself, it works fine. The message will go to my Sent folder and then appears in my Inbox. But I cannot send messages addressed to anyone else. It seems as if I have been blocked from sending messages. Thanks for any help with this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:54 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hi Arbexrub,

The way Private Messaging works is that when you send someone a message, it goes to your Outbox. It sits there until the addressee opens it. Then it is moved to your Sent Messages file. If the message is never opened it remains in your Outbox until you delete it.

I currently have 10 messages in my Outbox dating back over two years. They are all messages I sent to members as a moderator to try to help members "fit in" to the CFNM Village, explaining why their message got deleted, why their particular message was not allowed and such things. If the Addressee's membership is later terminated I delete the messages. I have probably deleted well over 100 unread messages since the forum started. That's over 100 times I have tried to reach out to members who I have tried to help but they did not get the message and are no longer with us.

The thing is though, that if the message is still in my outbox I know they have not read it, but if it is in my Sent Messages I know that they have read it, and expect them to be following the advice I gave them.

Arbexrub, if you wish to test this out to make sure that your PM system is working properly, shoot me a PM. When I open it I will reply to you and you will then know if it is all working properly for you.

When I post in normal colored text I am posting as a member and will debate any points I make as an equal.
When I use green text I'm moderating. If you wish to debate this, use PM. I recommend you do not challenge my green text in open forum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:52 am 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to explain this. Email and PM systems I’ve worked with before remove messages from the outbox as soon as they are sent, not after they are read. That is a very useful feature but was confusing to me. Even after receiving a reply, I wouldn’t have guessed the reason the message sat in the Outbox. I would have thought it was some delay in being sent. So, even though I’ve now verified that the system is working correctly, I thank you very much for the help and explanation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:58 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

arbexrub wrote:
So, even though I’ve now verified that the system is working correctly, I thank you very much for the help and explanation.

No problem - all part of the service.

When I post in normal colored text I am posting as a member and will debate any points I make as an equal.
When I use green text I'm moderating. If you wish to debate this, use PM. I recommend you do not challenge my green text in open forum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:17 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

additionally

If any of the sender's OR recipient's PM folders are FULL,
the PMs will not be sent and cannot be received

new registrants have a limitation on sending and receiving PMs ( except from Mods and Admin )
so any new members will not be able to receive until elevated to full status

Full members can BLOCK receipt of PMs ( except from Mods and Admin )
so that is a consideration as well

User permissions can be altered / set and reset only with Admin permissions
so if the problem persists, Admin may need to screen your permissions for you.

- insider