CFNM Village Discussion Forum

The Forum Where "CFNM" Originated
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Gunnison beach question
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:48 am 

Hello all,

I’m looking for some information on Gunnison Beach in Sandy Hook, NJ from a person who has actually been there. The thrust (pun intended) of my question is how “erection-friendly” is the crowd at Gunnison generally?

I’ve found it difficult to get a clear answer to this question via searches. There seems to be a wide range of opinion about Gunnison, from “there’s families there all the time and you’ll be arrested if your dick even moves” to “I got the best blowjob of my life from some random stranger at Gunnison while 30 people cheered me on.” So, for anyone with firsthand knowledge, what exactly is going on?

I’d appreciate any responses, but if you’d like to leave some more nuanced advice, please read on!

I am, like you, a CFNM enthusiast. But, I have yet to try out a real world experience apart from parading around the house in front of my wife (who is a fabulous audience, by the way). To that end, I’d like my first attempt outside the home to be in the relatively tame world of nude beaches. Social nudity sounds like a good time, and I’m all for seeing a naked woman at the beach, but my real goal is to have an opportunity to display myself at full arousal in front of (hopefully) admiring and clothed female viewers.

In the true spirit of CFNM, I want this to take place in an absolutely appropriate context. I have no interest in being a flasher, and in fact the thought of an unexpecting or unwilling audience makes my dick limper than a sweaty gym sock. I am horrified by the prospect of being the creeper at the beach with a boner. I don’t necessarily want to be sporting wood in front of families, either. In other words, I have to know that it is acceptable, that I’m not making anyone uncomfortable, and that I’m not doing anything that could be construed as harassment, stalking, public lewdness, and so forth. It’s imperative for me to have an age-appropriate audience that wouldn’t be scandalized by an engorged penis, and I certainly don’t want to risk arrest. While I’m sure that being at a nude beach sans-erection is still great, for me having to actively subdue or hide a prominent stiffy would defeat the primary objective of the visit to the beach.

My ideal scenario: a leisurely stroll down the Oceanside, bobbing hard-on leading the way. Perhaps a few glances, giggles, or words of appreciation from female beachgoers. Ideally, at least a smattering of younger, attractive ones with their clothes on (although I wouldn’t sneeze at nudity) Maybe even a conversation or two with some ladies as my penis throbs in the breeze between us. A group of college girls who are a bit shy but curious; a voluptuous cougar who has seen her share of cock, yet still appreciates the sight of a younger, virile man’s tumescence; a 30-something jogger taking a pause for a drink who decides to come over for a closer look…these are some of the fantasies I’ve cooked up in my little boner-brain. But to be clear, I’m not looking for any kinky beach sex or an invitation to an orgy – just a chance to strut around with my member at maximum volume in front of an audience that will appreciate what’s on display (as an aside, I don’t mind being ogled by gay men, but the thrill for me isn’t there – really need the female gaze!).

So here are a couple of more specific questions about Gunnison: What are the chances of encountering a CFNM situation in general? What are the chances that some of those females will be attractive? What are the chances of encountering a non erectile-conducive environment (families, kids, boner police, etc.)? Overall, is this a recommended place for an unapologetic boner-exhibitionist such as myself?

What is the attitude of the park rangers? Are they actively looking for unrepressed erections so they can arrest the person it is attached to? Where exactly is the line between normal nudity and lewdness – is it if you don’t cover up an erection? If someone complains? If you fluff up a bit? If you full on masturbate?

And finally, would it be OK to wear my cock ring at Gunnison, or would that fall under the category of “flaunting it?”

I don’t live on the East Coast, but will be in the area next summer and plan to make a day trip out to Gunnison. So as much detail as I can get beforehand would be a major plus. Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm 
Village Legend
Village Legend

I've not been to Gunnison, but I know a fair bit about naturist beaches all over the world.

The one thing you need to know is that no two days are the same. This is where questions like yours are too hard to answer in my opinion. There are far too many variables! However, a few things I will say are:
1) Walking about erect and flaunting is just bad form. It's a naturist beach, not a sex beach. Actions like that generally just piss people off and it's things like that that get places a bad rep and possibly even closed down. If you are in your spot and get one you might be appreciated, but perhaps not.
2) Chances of CFNM are very high but you have to play it cool and not be an ass, there are enough of them already as you have already identified.
3) Chances of meeting a woman and getting a blow job are perhaps 1 in 800,000, but perhaps longer odds?
4) I regularly see cock-rings on the beach. Just be warned if you wear a metal one on a very hot day you can burn your skin!

Enjoy though. Go for the sun and the freedom, anything else is just a bonus.

DTR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:49 pm 
Town Crier
Town Crier

Sounds to me like you may have a bit of exhibitionist characteristics. Which in and of itself is not bad. It's how you go about it that makes it bad or good.

You indicated you would like to walk down the beach with an erection in front of a girl or group of girls for them to see and make comments about it. That is exhibitionist. Don't feel bad about it. I would say probably 80% or better of the men that are into the CFNM scene are exhibitionist.

Note this. Erections are uncontrollable. Meaning you don't have control over it. For some reason the penis has a mind of its own. There have been times when I wanted to get an erection and no matter how hard I tried to concentrate, I couldn't get it up for anything. Then there were times when I tried to keep from getting an erection and I couldn't stop it. But as Dave said, walking down the beach with an erection is a bad idea.

You said the only cfnm experience you have is with your wife who seems to be a good fan of it. Have you spoken to her about your wanting to go to a clothing optional beach. Maybe you can get her to invite some of her friends over while you're nude. See how your penis reacts in front of them. It would be a good experience for you and your wife.

Remember this, nude is not lewd. And to quote the words of my ex mother in law, (rest her soul) who was a psychologist, quote “There is nothing indecent about the body. It is the mind that is indecent. If someone has a problem because of my nudity, the problem is with them, not me.”

People who regularly go to clothing optional beaches know what to expect. And yes, there are girls that go to clothing optional beaches in hopes of seeing a guy with an erection. Just be careful how you go about it. Don't make it too obvious. And don't draw attention to yourself.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 am 

Thanks for the responses and advice.

I am, as you suspect Chris, a bit of an exhibitionist. Thanks for the validation! I'm finally beginning to embrace this aspect of my sexuality. And I agree that there is nothing inherently wrong with that, but context is paramount. Nothing non-consensual, period - which is why I was attracted to the philosophy and goals of this site. So yes, I hear the message that a nude beach is not about sex and respecting that would be of utmost priority to me.

In any case, these are all solid suggestions and give me a much better idea of what to expect. I appreciate you all taking the time to help out a neophyte. Perhaps I should try a nude beach with my wife first. We have discussed it and she is for the idea, it is just a matter of opportunity. On that note, is it generally more acceptable/expected to see a man sporting wood on a clothing optional beach if he is with his partner?

I have also considered your other suggestion of being nude around some of her friends. I really like the idea, but need to make sure it is presented to my wife in a healthy way - so, still working on that. We like hiking and hopefully I'll get a chance to trek around in the buff with her and a friend of ours at some point.

"Nude is not lewd" - a great, pithy motto!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

JEB wrote:

........On that note, is it generally more acceptable/expected to see a man sporting wood on a clothing optional beach if he is with his partner?

Cheers!

Whilst there should be one ‘rule’ for all, for want of a better term, I think men with women can get away with more and get a better reaction than single men. I guess this is because you already have a female so you are not flaunting like a peacock in a vane attempt to get one, thus likely get fewer bad looks from females and likely envy or admiration from males. However! And it’s a big However! This is likely to get you noticed by the other single men. They may see this as your acceptance of showing a woman an erection. They in turn want to show theirs. Your wife is put of nude beaches as a result.

Beware! lol. Then again I don’t know your wife and a sea of overly tanned men in their 40’s and 50’s might be ‘her thing’?

DTR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:06 am 
Town Crier
Town Crier

JEB wrote:

I am, as you suspect Chris, a bit of an exhibitionist. Thanks for the validation! I'm finally beginning to embrace this aspect of my sexuality. And I agree that there is nothing inherently wrong with that, but context is paramount. Nothing non-consensual, period - which is why I was attracted to the philosophy and goals of this site. So yes, I hear the message that a nude beach is not about sex and respecting that would be of utmost priority to me.

In any case, these are all solid suggestions and give me a much better idea of what to expect. I appreciate you all taking the time to help out a neophyte. Perhaps I should try a nude beach with my wife first. We have discussed it and she is for the idea, it is just a matter of opportunity. On that note, is it generally more acceptable/expected to see a man sporting wood on a clothing optional beach if he is with his partner?

I have also considered your other suggestion of being nude around some of her friends. I really like the idea, but need to make sure it is presented to my wife in a healthy way - so, still working on that. We like hiking and hopefully I'll get a chance to trek around in the buff with her and a friend of ours at some point.

"Nude is not lewd" - a great, pithy motto!

Cheers!

Yes, it is a great idea to take your wife with you. I apologize for not mentioning it earlier. As for sporting a woody while walking down the beach with her, that can be a good thing or bad depending on how you look at it. On a positive note, your wife may be thinking to herself, "That's it ladies look at it, that's my dick." I've seen it a few times myself, where a couple is walking down the beach and the male has a woody or even just a semi woody. What I have seen in most cases is that the female always has a smile on her face. For a woman to proudly displayed her husband/boyfriend in an open environment, that is the true essence of cfnm. I remember the first time I took my ex-wife with me, I took off my shorts and had an instant woody. My wife saw it and said, "Why is your dick hard." I told her it was because of her. She told me that was nice, but she was more concerned about what other people might think about it. As I've said before, walking down the beach with an erection can be good or bad, it depends on the situation and the environment.

What I have observed over the years is it is the younger guys that get a woody usually 35 and younger. Older guys like myself, we pray for it, but 9.99 times out of 10 no luck.

If your wife is going to include her friends in your cfnm activities, it would be best if she spoke to them about it in advance. You don't just want to invite them over and "SURPRISE." As I've said before, it would be a good experience for you and your wife. It's gives both of you the opportunity to see how others respond to it.

The only place I know you can hike nude is Los Angeles National Forest. There may be others, but I really couldn't tell you.

There are a lot of good reviews on Gunnison Beach. Good friendly people. And if my thinking is correct, Brad has been there a few times himself. He could probably give you the best advice as to what to expect.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:22 pm 
Town Crier
Town Crier

JEB wrote:
Hello all,

I’m looking for some information on Gunnison Beach in Sandy Hook, NJ from a person who has actually been there. The thrust (pun intended) of my question is how “erection-friendly” is the crowd at Gunnison generally?

I’ve found it difficult to get a clear answer to this question via searches. There seems to be a wide range of opinion about Gunnison, from “there’s families there all the time and you’ll be arrested if your dick even moves” to “I got the best blowjob of my life from some random stranger at Gunnison while 30 people cheered me on.” So, for anyone with firsthand knowledge, what exactly is going on?

I’d appreciate any responses, but if you’d like to leave some more nuanced advice, please read on!...

And finally, would it be OK to wear my cock ring at Gunnison, or would that fall under the category of “flaunting it?”

I don’t live on the East Coast, but will be in the area next summer and plan to make a day trip out to Gunnison. So as much detail as I can get beforehand would be a major plus. Thanks for reading!

Jeb, you've gotten a few responses but until yesterday none have been Gunnison specific, so here goes. Take my comments with a grain of salt. I don't live in the area but visit New York City fairly regularly. I've been to Gunnison several times, but am hardly a regular. What follows are my observations alone.

Before addressing your specific concerns, some general observations about Gunnison. During the summer months, you can expect 2,000-2,500 people there on weekends. On weekdays, there will be "only" about 500-600. And Gunnison Beach occupies a relatively small area, so with 2,000 people it will be packed.

If you are driving there on a weekend, plan to arrive VERY early, as the parking lot is full by 10am. If you arrive at, say, noon you could find yourself parking a mile away, and I mean that literally, not figuratively. There is no admission price to get in, but you will be charged for parking ($15 if I remember correctly). A better option on weekends is the Seastreak (I'm not making this up) Ferry which leaves from Manhattan---$45 for a round trip, cash only. The trip takes maybe 45 minutes. You can buy snacks and drinks (including cocktails) on board. When you dock, there is a free bus service to take you to the beach. On weekdays you should have no trouble getting a parking place.

And now, your questions in no particular order. Marty1931 is correct. The crowd is mostly NFNM and mostly male. There is a large gay contingent at one end; if we exclude the gay men, the M/F ratio is maybe 60/40 to 67/33 male. There are so many nude women that my wife goes nude there. (She wore a suit the first time, but immediately took it off.) Although most people are nude, you will definitely find couples where the man is nude and the woman is topless, or where the man is nude and the woman is wearing a full bikini or a one-piece. Here are some pics, taken from the Coccozella website:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image (In the last picture, note the young couple in the background.)

Many people at Gunnison being their own beach shelters. I have personally walked by some of them and observed men with erections and men masturbating, many times with women present. I have never observed this out in the open. As for oral sex, I'm sure it happens in the shelters, but I've never seen it. I've only observed one man walking about the beach sporting wood. I remember him partly because the woman he was with was wearing a bikini top but no bottom, something you don't see much of.

I've worn a cock ring most of the times I've been there. It's a non-issue.

I personally have never seen lifeguards there admonish anyone for "improper" behavior, nor have I seen self-appointed "beach police" do the same. But keep in mind I only saw the one guy flaunting it in public. The park rangers don't police the beaches that I've ever seen.

I personally have seen very few families there. Of the ones I have seen, the children tend to be either toddlers or older teenagers. (I've never seen naked pre-teens, which is fine as they creep me out.) One group I remember in particular: two middle-aged couples and three teenage boys (maybe 16-18). The women were in bikinis, which lead me to believe they were European, as American women of that age most always wear one-piece suits. The men and boys were nude.

I have also seen very few, if any, groups of bikini-clad young women cavorting among the naked men, as I have seen quite often at Baker Beach and as Brad has shown us pictures from Black's Beach.

One question for you, Jeb: will your wife come to Gunnison with you, and if so, will she go nude too?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:41 am 
Village Legend
Village Legend

Alonzo wrote:
Jeb, you've gotten a few responses but until yesterday none have been Gunnison specific, so here goes. Take my comments with a grain of salt. I don't live in the area but visit New York City fairly regularly. I've been to Gunnison several times, but am hardly a regular. What follows are my observations alone.................................................

One question for you, Jeb: will your wife come to Gunnison with you, and if so, will she go nude too?

Comprehensive if you ask me!

DTR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:14 pm 

Thanks Alonzo, a lot of good info there.

In general, my wife would prefer to stay in a swimsuit at a beach with a very high M/F ratio. However, if it is a scenario in which many of the other women are naked, and she is not likely to be ogled by clothed (or naked) men, then she would enjoy being nude.

As others have discussed on this forum, there are a number of reasons why it might be less enjoyable for women to be naked and "on display" at a clothing optional beach. I think that definitely applies to her situation. However, she does like the idea of showing me off, so we'd like to find an atmosphere where that could happen and would be enjoyable for us both. From what I've read here, it sounds like Black's would be the most conducive beach environment for that kind of thing. Lucky for us, we do have friends to visit in San Diego!

Cheers,

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

JEB wrote:
However, if it is a scenario in which many of the other women are naked, and she is not likely to be ogled by clothed (or naked) men, then she would enjoy being nude.

That is really just like one of the "guidelines" for social nudity - Do not treat people any differently than you would if they were fully clothed. If more people understood and practiced this then there would be far less problems and more women would be comfortable to get naked on the C/O beaches.

Sometimes when I am at a C/O beach where there are several clothed women and no naked ones, I have wondered how many of them are thinking "I wish some of the other women would get naked so I could too without getting all the unwanted attention." Probably all of them. :roll:

When I post in normal colored text I am posting as a member and will debate any points I make as an equal.
When I use green text I'm moderating. If you wish to debate this, use PM. I recommend you do not challenge my green text in open forum

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 pm 
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

I've been to Gunnison beach. When Lighthouse Beach closed down, I was looking for a new nude beach to experience CFNM, and Gunnison was a huge disappointment in this regard.

The beach gets packed--there are nudists everywhere, more men than women but you will see naked women too. You could probably get away with an erection, but if you are flaunting it all day, someone might say something. I'm not sure how much a person can get away with beyond an erection. I've heard stories of rangers arresting people at Gunnison who were caught having sex or masturbating.

The best part of Gunnison are the clothed female lifeguards, but they have seen so much dick that they are impervious to it. Moreover, when I visited, one of the clothed female lifeguards had a real shitty unfriendly attitude.

You won't encounter a lot of bikini girls walking through the nude beach. Gunnison is not the best place for CFNM. In contrast, Lighthouse Beach was a great place for CFNM--the bikini girls from Robert Moses Park would walk down the beach and would encounter all the swinging dicks at the entrance to the nude area. This sort of dynamic doesn't take place at Gunnison. Sure, you will encounter a couple of girls in bikinis working on their tans in the midst of the sea of nudity, but you will not encounter relatively active foot traffic (clothed).

In short, Gunnison is a nude beach for social nudists more than for CFNM enthusiasts.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:56 am 
Village Vagabond

I have been to Gunnison, talking from my experience on those particular days' experience
I do not live close enough and work, so I have always been there over weekends.

As someone already said, no two days are the same.

But on a couple of visits this is what I have seen.
By late afternoon families and other decent only crowd tend to leave. As it gets to late evening things can get a little lax, at least when alcohol was allowed. Life guards are away and sometimes you may see some things that you do not see at other times.
So 5pm or later, I have seen handjobs.

I have seen people who were either asleep or pretending to be, sporting an erection. I have seen some men and rarely women take pics.

Around noon or little later a volleyball game starts. Anyone can join. Just need to wait for your turn. That was the best cfnm experience I had there. Women who play, most likely are clothed, at most topless. Men always are naked. Hi5s with cf's is great. People also watch.
Overall do not walk with a hard on, considered inappropriate for single men.
Hope that helps