CFNM Village Discussion Forum

The Forum Where "CFNM" Originated
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:28 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Masturbate-A-Thons

Masturbate-a-thons (MATs) are events in which participants masturbate to raise money for charity and increase the public awareness and dispel the shame and taboos that exist about this form of sexual activity. With San Francisco being the first to host on, they have now become annual events around the world.

MATs in and of themselves are not intended to be CFNM gatherings; rather, both genders as well as everything in between are encouraged to participate. However, having personally experienced one, I know them to be primarily CFNM in nature. During the event I went to, I counted the men in the large art loft. There were 84, and all except for one were completely naked walking about unabashedly sporting full erections, or, sitting on couches or chairs or alternatively standing and furiously jacking off in front of everyone. However, the women there, which equated to about 20%, were all clothed - not even topless. MATs embrace both exhibitionism and voyeurism as healthy and enjoyable activities; therefore, females can come as simply voyeurs to watch the many men sitting and standing about them jacking off, all while remaining clothed the entire time.

History:

In May 1995, San Francisco–based sex toy shop Good Vibrations declared May to be "Masturbation Month". Since then, it has encouraged people to get sponsors as a fundraiser for charities with a sex-positive focus. In 1999, the Masturbate-a-Thon was originated by the collective Open Enterprises, which operates Good Vibrations. The slogan "Come for a Cause" was coined by Rachel Venning, the founder of the sex toy shop Babeland, formerly Toys in Babeland, which has branches in Seattle, in Brooklyn, and (two) in Manhattan.

The Masturbate-a-Thon was built up by Good Vibrations, which encouraged other modern sex-toy businesses—such as Babeland; A Woman's Touch, in Madison, Wisconsin; Toronto's Come As You Are; and Boston's Grand Opening—to hold events coinciding with "masturbation month" (May in the United States). In that year, the first live event was held at San Francisco's Campus Theater, by the Center for Sex and Culture (CSC)'s Carol Queen and her partner, Robert Lawrence. CSC is an education-based non-profit providing professional-level sex education. The annual events are used as a public-health-education device to increase awareness of self-pleasure as a strategy for safer and healthier sex and to de-stigmatize self-love.

London hosted Europe's first "masturbate-a-thon" on 5 August 2006. Hundreds of persons raised money for the charity Terrence Higgins Trust and the sexual- and reproductive-health agency Marie Stopes International.[3] The Masturbate-a-thon, also called "Wank-a-Thon," was recorded by ZigZagProductions of London as part of an international documentary of the event. However, plans to broadcast this on Channel 4 as part of its Wank Week series were abandoned, including programming from Europe's fetish and leather week.

Montreal's first Masturbate-a-thon (aka "Wankfest") was on 4 May 2013 and raised money for the charity Head and Hands, a youth sex education and outreach organization, and Sexploreum, an adult education group dedicated to encouraging playfulness with sexuality. MATs are also held in Portland, Oregon, Washington DC, Philadelphia, London, Copenhagen and a variation in China with only men masturbating for an audience.

Related Articles:

May: National Masturbation Month
Wikipedia: Masturbate-A-Thon
Masturbate-a-Thon Festival - SoMa
Masturbate-A-Thon comes to Philadelphia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:41 am 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Masturbate-A-Thon, San Francisco, 2006
Brad's Review

* MATs are held annually in San Francisco in May, but at other times in other cities. I was in SF on that day knewing I wanted to go; however, I was very nervous and almost bailed on going three times. I then thought to myself about how if I hadn't gone, I'd always had wondered what it was about.

* I walked towards the nondescript door on the street where a nice young fellow (security) greeted me. I told him why I was there, and he told me to walk up a flight of stairs to the top level of an older warehouse building that was converted into a large artists' loft. Upon entering, I was greeted by two lovely young females working the registration tables. With few exemptions, all men entering are given brown (grocery) paper bags wherein they are told they can strip completely stark naked and put their clothes in the bag. The men's name is written on a piece of paper, and stapled to close the bags. The bags are put behind the main entrance tables by the girls receiving them men. However, in my experience, only men get nude. A few ladies, may 10% to 20%, will go topless.

* Competition is held between those masturbating, including who can do it the longest, who can have the most orgasms. Men also compete to see who can squirt their sperm the furthest.

* There are two main areas. The larger room has many more people and is a no-cameras-allowed area for most masturbators, and a smaller area with a stage, cameras and simulcast of the event for the Internet. The preponderance of nudity and masturbation is in the no-camera area; however, if you sign a waiver and given a wrist band, you are free to been nude and masturbate anywhere you want on the premises.

The article in the post below shows photos from the stage area. It should be noted that the reporter arrived late morning, so the numbers of men in the staged area was fewer than the no-cameras area, and, as she notes, the men increased significantly in number as the day progressed. Also the reporters not allowed to photograph, interview or discuss what is going on in the no-camera area as that is the rules of the event. Hence, from her article, you don't get a feel for how many men come to this, only the staged area from where she reports...but she does allude to "the sea of bobbing penises" in her story.

When I was there, the larger, no-cameras masturbation area was not walled off from the stage area. There was some sheer curtains that were slightly drawn, but only to delineate the separate spaces, not to prevent one from seeing the other side. There was still a 20-foot opening in the curtains to where anyone in the staged area could stand there and see everyone in the no-camera area masturbating. Female reporters walked freely about the main masturbation area as well as the staged area.

* There were screened areas about as large as a small bedroom where either gender could be alone and in private with only their own gender. Of the 100 or so men at the M-A-T, only 2 or 3 men would be back there, and usually because they were undressing. The ladies were using their area, but I don't think they were masturbating because they'd go back there to change, or talk, then come out again shortly thereafter. It was as much a respite from the main area, and a place where the girls could chat. At any time, only a few women were in that area with most being in the main masturbation area where men were masturbating.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 pm 
Founder & Owner
Founder & Owner

Masturbate-A-Thon - A True Female Reporter's Story

The following female author attended the M-A-T to do a story on it. Again, her reference to the numbers of men and women only describe those in the stage area. She could clearly see, and, go into the main area, but was not allowed to photograph or discuss what was in there as a reporter per the rules of the M-A-T.

Here is the article:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/201 ... n_2010.php

Here is her photo:

Lois Beckett - Reporter; SFWeekly

The photos in the article do show one woman that was masturbating on stage, but as the reporter indicated, she was the only woman that was nude, let alone masturbating, and only started after many hours into the event when no other woman would. Only male nudity was seen, and only men were masturbating.

As I told in a previous story, like the female reporter above, when I was there there was a gorgeous blonde reporter in a black tight dress interviewing naked men while the men were jacking off!. In Lois's story here, she confirms that not only do the female reporters interview the men as they masturbate, but, that the publications *intentionally* send pretty girls to do the interviews and report on the event by design. Some quotes of her:

"I had decided I would start with the man in the farthest corner of the room. He was willing to talk, so I settled down on a pillow near his head. I was wearing a dress, so I did this carefully, knees together, like a lady.

"You're pretty," the man observed as I opened my laptop. He told me he was glad the paper had sent a young female reporter.

Yeah, we did that on purpose, I told him.

The man's name, for today, would be "Joe." He had a slight Virginia accent, but right now, he lived in Vegas. He was a white guy, with thin legs, short, gray hair and rosy cheeks. "Joe" hadn't done much to prepare for today, he told me, except take a shower.

Typing busily, I asked him to talk about his background and what had brought him here today.

Joe told me he was an exhibitionist. He liked women to watch him masturbate. Like me, for instance. Even though I was clothed, that was okay.

Joe wasn't clothed at all.

"Am I the first guy you've interviewed while he's 'necking'?" he asked, rubbing his dick enthusiastically.

Joe's hand hadn't really stopped so far in our interview. He was just going, keeping up a good solid rhythm. The guy across the room, with a pot belly and cherubic curls, was flicking at himself lackadaisically. But Joe was not playing around. He kept pumping up and down on his utterly innocuous cock.

Yeah, I guess you are the first one, I told him, trying to sound as unenthusiastic as possible."

With Lois was a female photographer,Gretchen Robinette, who took this photo of Joe masturbating as Lois interviewed him:

What Lois confirms here is what I indicated in my original post, and that is, these pretty female reporters are not only interviewing the men as they masturbate, but, also openly looking at their hard dicks watching them stroke it and taking notes.

A few pages later, Lois writes:

"I started talking to Tony the security guy. Tony had a background in law enforcement, and he had driven about 300 miles -- masturbating all the way -- to take part in today's festivities. Tony was responsible for intervening if anyone was making the masturbation space feel unsafe. He had a military-style haircut, a soft, distinctive voice, and a gentlemanly demeanor. Even still, he said something about being glad to break anyone's arm if they caused a problem.

Talking to him was a lot like talking to other cops I had interviewed. Except Tony wasn't wearing pants.

She later writes....

"Later that afternoon, Tony would approach me with a question. He wasn't sure what my expectations were as a member of the press. It would be pleasurable for him to masturbate while looking at me, he said, but he wasn't sure how I would feel .

I told him I didn't really know the rules. I didn't want to be unsporting. But yes, I said, I would probably feel uncomfortable.

That seemed to settle it. As he walked away, I felt strangely touched. "

When I was there, it seemed clothed women were not restricted to the "voyeur section", as the standard was really for the male gawkers. Couples would come, and as long as the male was nude and masturbating, the couple could be anywhere they wanted. This would result in clothed women being seen throughout the event and in all areas. Some of the women would encourage their bf's or hubbies as they jerked it, but as Lois indicated, there were no nude women or women masturbating. Lois writes of one such couple:

On the plus side, one of them had come while listening to his friend talk about her dissertation. That, I thought, was beautiful.

As it pertains to the 100% CFNM environment, she writes:

"By late afternoon, the Masturbatorium was a sea of bobbing penises......There wasn't a single woman out on the masturbation floor...."

and...

"I interviewed another exhibitionist, a guy with a long gray pony tail. He had brought a dishtowel along to wipe his dick. "

One of the masturbators was given the name "Jerkin Jesus". Here is what Lois writes about him:

"He said his name was Yuma, and that he was originally from Argentina. Yuma was wearing a long wig of fake black hair, and a fake black moustache and goatee. His body was deeply tanned and ornamented with chains. He was wearing a cock ring, "And I have a chain in my butt. When I masturbate, it massages my prostate," he said. "Life is good."

Yuma's penis was so slick with oil that it actually looked like a piece of roasting sausage. "

Gretchen took his photo for the publication:

The author and other female voyeurs are noted as calling it a "sausage fest", and that for this author, it turned into a very "penisey" day. Another thing noted is that the hostess, Dr. Carol Queen, noted that the event drew predominantly straight men. My personal perspective is that

Her story is written during the 2010 event. I attended several years earlier. I remember at my event the larger, no-camera area had at one time approximately 100 men, all naked, all masturbating. There were about 15 to 20 women milling about in the room. Some were with the party organizers, some were fetish models promoting their website, some were girlfriends or wives of masturbators, and as with Lois, there were a number of female reporters interviewing the naked guys as the jerked it - and, the reporters ranged from pretty and attractive to gorgeous model-quality. But alas, there was not a single glimpse of female nudity for most of the afternoon until later on, when one or two females did undress - but it was very little.

Finally, to reinforce the notion that yes, pretty women did attend this event, the following photo shows four women that came to it in another year. This was taken at the M-A-T, and as I discussed in my write-up, I saw similar groups of attractive young female voyeurs watching all the naked guys jerk their dicks:

Here's another female voyeur that attended some of the MATs and watches but doesn't participate - she's got gorgeous eyes, and no doubt many men climax when they see those beautiful eyes focused on their cocks as they jack them off:

Also, here's a photo Gretchen took of three women attending the same M-A-T as Lois:

Lastly, Gretchen also takes a photo of the stage area wherein you can see the voyeur section reserved for the guys that didn't masturbate but wanted to watch. One of the staff photographers/party management is a guy, as you can see from his walkie talkie. Interestingly, however, he is also naked thus show the CFNM orientation of the event even with staff and management:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:02 am 
Village Vagabond

Interesting, but sounds like too many dicks and too few women.