CFNM Village Discussion Forum

The Forum Where "CFNM" Originated
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:43 am 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:49 pm
Posts: 233
There’s button on the bottom of the posting box called “Save Draft”
Where does a “Draft” go once it’s saved and how do you retrieve it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:28 am 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:50 pm
Posts: 612
after you Save Draft
go to your own personal User Control Panel ( upper right side of screen )

under the OPTIONS / Overview tab you will see a Manage Drafts option


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:08 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:49 pm
Posts: 233
insider wrote:
after you Save Draft
go to your own personal User Control Panel ( upper right side of screen )

under the OPTIONS / Overview tab you will see a Manage Drafts option


Thanks, Insider. That’s very useful when writing stories.
Before, I thought I had to have a complete chapter to copy and paste.
Now, I can work on it bit-by-bit on my “Manage Drafts” page by clicking on “Edit Draft.”
Then, when I’ve finished, I can click on “Load Draft” and bring the post right back to its original thread.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:42 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:19 pm
Posts: 878
Location: Half way to hell
zappedfan wrote:
Before, I thought I had to have a complete chapter to copy and paste.
Now, I can work on it bit-by-bit on my “Manage Drafts” page by clicking on “Edit Draft.”
Then, when I’ve finished, I can click on “Load Draft” and bring the post right back to its original thread.


While that is true, surely it would be better using full-featured word-processing software to draft the story and then copy and paste it in here?

The Bulletin Board software is good for what it is designed for but it makes no pretense at being a word processor. Even one of the many free word processing programs would be better thanusing the bulletin board, allowing you to focus more of your energy on your creativity. But to each his/her own.

_________________
Cheers

Doug

To whoever stole my antidepressants - I hope you're happy now!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:09 am 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:58 pm
Posts: 474
I do all of my writing in Google Docs. The only downside I've encountered is the loss of formatting--italics, bold, hyperlinks... Those, when I remember to, have to be added back in manually.

-scooter

_________________
Show me yours and I'll take a picture of it!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:54 am 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:49 pm
Posts: 233
scooter wrote:
I do all of my writing in Google Docs. The only downside I've encountered is the loss of formatting--italics, bold, hyperlinks... Those, when I remember to, have to be added back in manually.

-scooter


I’ve been caught with erotic works in progress before.
Writing and sharing fantasies is harmless fun, IMHO.
But, why have that fight if it can be avoided?
So, now I prefer to work here under my username.
Thank you for that option.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:35 am 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:58 pm
Posts: 474
zappedfan wrote:
scooter wrote:
I do all of my writing in Google Docs. The only downside I've encountered is the loss of formatting--italics, bold, hyperlinks... Those, when I remember to, have to be added back in manually.

-scooter


I’ve been caught with erotic works in progress before.
Writing and sharing fantasies is harmless fun, IMHO.
But, why have that fight if it can be avoided?
So, now I prefer to work here under my username.
Thank you for that option.


I get that, zappedfan. I sometimes need to use my Google account at work because a group is sharing the editing of a document in real time, displayed on a large screen. I've created a separate account for work, but sometimes Google tries to be helpful and syncs accounts. It only takes once to be exposed by those who do not share one's proclivities.

_________________
Show me yours and I'll take a picture of it!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:29 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:19 pm
Posts: 878
Location: Half way to hell
scooter wrote:
I've created a separate account for work, but sometimes Google tries to be helpful and syncs accounts. It only takes once to be exposed by those who do not share one's proclivities.


Don't you hate it when the software is programmed to think it knows what the user wants better than the user knows himself?

_________________
Cheers

Doug

To whoever stole my antidepressants - I hope you're happy now!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:39 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:50 pm
Posts: 612
zappedfan wrote:
scooter wrote:
I do all of my writing in Google Docs. The only downside I've encountered is the loss of formatting--italics, bold, hyperlinks... Those, when I remember to, have to be added back in manually.
-scooter


I’ve been caught with erotic works in progress before.
Writing and sharing fantasies is harmless fun, IMHO.
But, why have that fight if it can be avoided?
So, now I prefer to work here under my username.
Thank you for that option.


and SOOOOOO ...... that IS why I use a MacOS system which allows encrypted "disc image" files to be created on the desktop.
Essentially they are like a plugin USB drive, which sits there until you LOAD it and give the password,
which mounts the files on your desktop OR just lets you access the files from your chosen WP program.

Most WPs allow an auto-save option which updates the file every so often, so you will always have a timed backup in the event of
... power failure, disc crash, Boss walking in during a NSFW moment :shock: :oops:

WHY is all this important ?

1. a fully functional Word Processor is optimal for writing as opposed to text screens.
2. everything can be written, formatted and proofed before uploading.
3. your files are saved / auto-saved for on site backup which are included in your backup plan .....we all do this ... RIGHT !
4. the files are encrypted for your eyes only
5. the files may be shared or posted at will, once decrypted
6. a whole shitload of other reasons.

NOW the actual solution to the problem :

- create your word processing files and directory inside an encrypted disc image
- set auto-save to the encrypted file / directory
- in NSFW situations close the WP screen when necessary or use 2 open screens at a time, one of which is NSFW,
the other is vanilla
- upon interruption close the NSFW screen ( which contains your work ) which is already auto-saved to the encrypted file

proceed as normal !

Yes : this works
it completely avoids any "accidental" viewing or transfers of readable files, OR the hassles / security issues with any "cloud" based solutions
( Yes I know the cloud is "really easy and convenient" which is why personal control and the security is NOT so good )

This is MY solution for any original document I create, mostly financial / personal stuff ( as I am not hiding " non vanilla proclivities " ) :o :mrgreen:

but you can … just in case you want to !

BUT you’d need a Mac to do it this easily
JMO


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:50 am 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:49 pm
Posts: 233
Thanks, Insider, but I just don’t have those skill sets.
I just posted a chapter of “Assignment from M” that I wrote over several days using the “Save Draft” function.
It seemed to work okay.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group