|CFNM Village Discussion Forum
|Topic: Technical FAQs - Profiles; Logging in; Settings
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Site Administrator [ Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:37 am ]|
|Post subject:||Topic: Technical FAQs - Profiles; Logging in; Settings|
This topic thread is for everyone's reference and provides information on the technical areas surrounding your profile settings, passwords, logging in, etc. Please do NOT send an email or PM the Site Administrator (also, "Brad") requesting help to fix something until you have read this topic thread and the links provided thoroughly.
With thousands of members, and, the fact that the mods and administrator are volunteers, we do not have the time to help individuals with their tech issues, particularly when they can fix it themselves by investing time in reading!
1. Read the FAQ link! You will find it's icon on the top right of your screen at all times. It will probably have the answer to your problem.
2. Although this has been posted many, many times, we constantly find that we still need to explain it. Those that are new to the forum may FIRST have a couple of their posts reviewed and approved by the moderators before they can see all of the board's forums. Until then, the new user will be limited to certain general forums. We do this to eliminate the usage of precious resources on our server by lurkers who never contribute, and, to assure spammers do not breach our Village's walls. If you've not had your requisite number of posts approved (which is very little) and complain about full access, you will most probably be ignored, or, if your whining about access becomes too much for us, we'll simply delete your account.
3. This forum was designed by phpBB, an open source forum program provided by a non-profit developer. They designed it to protect users and it limits the amount of power the Site Administrator has over your profile and usage. As the Administrator, I cannot use your profile name or email to see your password - only YOU can access and change your password. If you lose your password, you must use the function provided in the link on the login page to have the forum send an automated email to the email you registered with with instructions on resetting it. If you want to know more about the forum's structure and design, there is a "phpBB" link at the bottom of every page of the Village.
4. If you didn't receive an authentication email when registering (which means you probably can't see this), or, if you can't find the password reset email in your inbox, it was probably redirected by your email account into your spam or trash folder. Check there first before asking why you didn't get it.
5. Your user name/ID cannot be changed by you once set. This is because the mods and administrator need to track behavior and posts of our registered users to assure compliance to our rules and protocol, and we do that through name recognition. If you have a compelling reason why it needs to be changed, it can be done, but it's work for me. I will take on such an endeavor only for those that have contributed significantly to this forum over time, not to the newbies - remember, I don't make a penny off this site and any additional work distracts me from the more overarching concerns of its administration.
Finally, if you have any further technical questions that are not addressed by this forum's FAQs or the above points, please post in this thread as opposed to PMing or emailing me or the mods. BUT...DON'T EXPECT FOR US TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK! If you've made the attempt and still can't figure things out, then ask in this topic thread and we'll try to help.
~ your village magistrate, Brad ~
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group